Reading, Writing, Research, 5–8
Exemplars Reading, Writing, and Research workshop was developed for middle-level teachers to uniquely explore learning opportunities and student performance in standards-based language arts, history, and social studies classrooms. Participants will learn how to accurately assess students' skills in reading, communication, and research using the Exemplars rubric.
- Define the vocabulary of communication, standards, and assessment
- Gain an understanding of the Exemplars RWR assessment rubric
- Assess student work using the Exemplars rubric
- Link assessment results to standards and instruction to improve student performance
- Investigate strategies to improve communication
- Differentiate assignments to provide appropriate opportunities for all students
- Identify student strengths and weaknesses in communication and provide appropriate feedback to students, parents, and administrators
- Use Exemplars rubrics to promote peer- and self-assessment
I enjoyed the workshop and facilitator. This [workshop] has given me a boost of energy to begin the new school year. I can't wait to start. Thank you so much!
Thank you for the great hands-on ideas!