The ABCs of Performance-Based Assessment and Instruction
Our Level 1 Training for science is the most common session for those just getting started with Exemplars performance material.
- Define the vocabulary of science inquiry, standards and assessment
- Gain an understanding of the Exemplars science assessment rubric
- Assess student work using the Exemplars science rubric
- Link assessment results to standards and instruction to improve student performance
- Investigate inquiry strategies
- Differentiate problems to provide appropriate opportunities for all students
- Identify student strengths, weaknesses, and scientific understanding and provide appropriate feedback to students, parents, and administrators
- Use Exemplars rubrics to promote peer- and self-assessment
I gained a greater understanding of NGSS and what the students are truly expected to do and what it 'looks like.' I also love the rubric!!!
Your work is fantastic! We are looking for a way to monitor the growth of a student as a scientist from grade to grade. Your rubrics will help us to begin this important work.