Integrating Content, Performance Tasks, and Assessment in the Classroom to Support the TEKS Mathematical Process and Content Standards
This mathematics workshop is designed for participants who have a stronger understanding of performance-based assessment and instruction and the Exemplars assessment rubric. Typically, participants will have completed training sessions for Levels 1–3. The focus shifts from the classroom level to the school/district level to assure success.
- Assess students' work to identify school/district benchmarks
- Create and modify existing problem-solving tasks, including Preliminary Planning Sheets, for working/assessment portfolios
- Analyze, interpret, and use assessment data to improve teaching and learning
- Discuss meaningful feedback for students aimed at improving mathematical performance
- Develop assessment resources at the grade, school, and/or district level
- Use results from multiple performance assessments to improve performance at the school/district level
- Address individual/classroom/grade-level/school/district assessment needs
- Develop/Select formative and summative assessments at the school/district level
- Embed performance tasks into core curriculum to support Math TEKS
Thank you for a fabulous 2 days of training! We enjoyed everything we learned and are so excited to take our new knowledge back to our classrooms at JHE! You are truly an inspiration!
Deb [the presenter] was so interesting, inspiring and encouraging‚ she helped me feel as though I could truly do this in my classroom. My students will really benefit from this approach to learning.