Performance-Based Classroom Modeling: Problem Solving and Formative Assessment for the Math TEKS
The Classroom Modeling session demonstrates the problem-solving, assessment and communication process across all levels to support the TEKS for Mathematical Processes and Mathematical Content.
- A working portfolio lesson that addresses the request of the classroom teacher(s). The lesson may focus on a particular mathematical content area, standard, strategy, multi-step problem and/or using mathematical language
- Questioning students about their thinking in order to generate mathematical connections, communication and reasoning, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrating personalized instruction
- Introducing instructional techniques that promote students' understanding and use of the Mathematical Process Standards as well as students' higher-order thinking, reasoning and communication skills
- Building student confidence and interest in mathematical problem solving and communication
- Utilizing Exemplars open-ended problems to introduce mathematical content, representations, language, and connections, and to encourage mathematical discussion
Deb [the presenter] was so interesting, inspiring and encouraging‚ she helped me feel as though I could truly do this in my classroom. My students will really benefit from this approach to learning.
Thank you for a fabulous 2 days of training! We enjoyed everything we learned and are so excited to take our new knowledge back to our classrooms at JHE! You are truly an inspiration!