Assessing Student Performance and Using Results to Improve Performance
The Level 2 Training for mathematics is designed for participants who have basic understanding of performance-based assessment and instruction as well as the Exemplars assessment rubric. Typically, participants have some experience using Exemplars material in their classrooms.
- Participants assess student work brought from their own classrooms to inform instruction
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses evident in student work
- Develop and share strategies for improving learning opportunities
- Address specific questions pertaining to Exemplars assessment rubric to improve scoring validity and reliability
- Learn how to embed problem solving into the regular curriculum
- Investigate strategies for increasing student communication
- Review resources for working/assessment portfolios and use of preliminary planning sheets
I was amazed to see the differentiation and the student examples. So many times we see the problems, but not actual student work. Thank you so much for allowing me to see student work and the DIFFERENT ideas so that it's not me creating "mini mes" but showing students how to arrive at the answer in many different ways!
My teachers and I enjoy using Exemplars ... We have found the math resource to be a great addition to our current curriculum.