Remote Level 3
Assessing Student Performance and Determining Next Steps for Student Learning
Learning Goal: In this Zoom session, participants will take a deep dive into assessing student work as a team to achieve validity and reliability. Typically, participants will have completed Exemplars Remote Level's 1 and 2 and have some experience assessing problem solving in their classrooms. Strategies will be discussed to help students move from “almost” meeting the standard (Apprentice level) to meeting the standard (Practitioner level). Time is also provided to address any specific questions pertaining to the Exemplars assessment rubric.
This session is personalized to meet a school's needs and generally focuses on one to two grade spans. ie) K-1 or 2-3, etc.
Agenda items may include:
- Improve validity and reliability using the Exemplars Standards-Based Rubric and Preliminary Planning Sheets to assess provided tasks with student work.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses evident in student work in relation to the standards and the criteria of the Exemplars rubric.
- Investigate strategies that support each criterion of the Exemplars rubric and help students reach the achievement level of Practitioner.
- Determine where each assessed task could be included in the particiipating school's text/program/scope and sequence.
- Address specific questions pertaining to the Exemplars rubric.
My 6th Grade students shared their strategies after working on an Exemplars task today. It was amazing to see the different strategies that I would never even think of doing! Their discussions were so rich and made my teacher heart so happy. Exemplars really helps boost student confidence levels as well! So awesome!