Let’s Explore Effect Size with John Hattie:
How We Impact Schools with Researched Thinking
Featuring special guest speaker John Hattie.
Educators are managing challenging workloads and are susceptible to high rates of burnout. Join us as we examine practices that have a positive impact in schools. Professor John Hattie helps us lean into extensive research around how to de-implement practices that just aren’t effective, and replace them with cost-effective, high-yield moves to transform your classroom, school, and district.
This edWebinar explores the following questions:
- What is effect size? How can effect size shape pedagogy?
- Research suggests that the process of schooling is often over-engineered.
- How does that give us permission to dial back, carefully?
- What are some steps in the process for deciding which initiatives are most effective—and how do we let go of the ones that are not?
- How can we offer useful tools, templates, and charts that educators can immediately use with de-implementation work at school, in teaching teams, or at the system level that improve student learning?
- If you were starting a new school, what practices would you suggest they lean into?
This edWebinar is of interest to K-12 teachers and school and district leaders.
About the Presenters
About the Moderator