To become an Exemplars Ambassador, you will take part in our online training program and join a community of forward-thinking math educators. The course is designed to build your knowledge base of Exemplars and empower your journey to elevate math proficiency at your school.
Expectations for the Ambassador Term:
- Complete the 3-part online course and receive a certificate and badge upon completion.
As well as one or more of the following contributions:
- Write a blog to be published on the Exemplars website.
- Participate in a recorded interview with an Exemplars staff member.
- Present about your use of Exemplars at a school- or district-based math meeting.
- Present about your use of Exemplars at a state, regional or national education conference.
- Promote Exemplars via your social media platform for an agreed-upon length of time and number of posts.
Here’s What You Get:
- Free grade-level access to the Exemplars Library for the duration of the ambassador term.
- Free credits worth 10 PD hours (upon completion of 3-part course)
- Free virtual coaching in a cohort model.
- Consideration as a future professional development consultant.
- Ability to participate/submit ideas for the company's next steps.
- Advance preview of new tasks or features.
I feel that having the opportunity to attend the virtual Ambassador meetings supports my learning immensely. It is so helpful to be able to discuss with other educators what is going well and what could be improved upon as I implement Exemplars with my students.
I'm learning a great deal about the Problem-Solving Process and each time I have my students do an Exemplar, I learn something new! I know that I can reach out to Alaina or Brendan or anyone else at Exemplars and I will be supported. That is a great feeling.
— K. Hendricks, Wisconsin
I am impressed with the quality of instruction and feel I will be able to transfer things I have learnt to other areas of the curriculum where we use rubrics.
Teacher, Queensland, Australia
I used the algorithms [to solve the task] ... In a way, I seemed to be in a hurry to reach a correct solution instead of using any problem-solving strategies. When I looked at the different paths my fellow cohort members have used, I am awe-struck, and it has led to introspection to assimilate more flexibility in my own instruction.
Exemplars Ambassador 2023